Renewal for 2020 is now due for members
The membership year runs from the 1st of January to the 31st of December annually
Join Cycling Ireland today.
There are events, races and programmes across several disciplines, competitive and non-competitive, on track and off road, and for members from the Under 8’s all the way through to the 80+. Cycling Ireland has something for the young, old, beginner and professional and everyone in-between.
Cycling is a diverse and inclusive sport, with something for everyone, whatever level you’re at or where you want to go. Through over 8 different disciplines, from speeding around the velodrome on the track, off-road sport like BMX, mountain biking, hurtling downhill, getting muddy in the winter time with Cyclocross, Enduro, Cross Country and Downhill (and off-road leisure groups for mud larks of a more leisurely nature!).
There is space for progression and just enjoyment from touring and leisure groups, (and Audax for those who like to wander far and wide) for those who just want a social spin to those looking to go up the levels of the sport.
Membership of Cycling Ireland gives you the ability to not only be a part of a community but also have the ability to shape the organisation as well – Cycling Ireland run an AGM every year in which motions proposed by clubs are debated and the shape of the sport can be directed by its membership.
Membership to Cycling Ireland enables you to access a wide variety of member benefits and services, which include…
- Membership to a community of passionate and enthusiastic fellow cyclists with cycling clubs in every corner of the country. Get fit with friends and a whole new community of people through the support of your local club.
- Access to a wide range of disciplines that run all year round – from road racing, track cycling, Off-Road disciplines such as BMX, Enduro, Downhill, Cyclocross and Cross Country, to long distance events such as Audax, and more sociable and leisurely pursuits such as the many sportives and leisure events that run throughout the year.
- Access to a whole raft of coaching and education programmes from Sprocket Rocket through to national coaching qualifications in the sport of cycling.
- Become involved and run your own Cycling Ireland
- Events, covered and supported by the organisation.
- Protection and support thorough good governance and policy development covering key areas such as child welfare, Safeguarding and anti-doping.
- Access to publicity opportunities through the Cycling Ireland website and social media channels
- Access to central administrative support
- Access to comprehensive and tailored Insurance cover.
- Cycling Ireland is committed to the creation and ongoing development of a safe-sport environment at both club and national level and is fully compliant with all relevant legislation.
- Discounts on a range of products and services.
The membership year runs from the 1st of January to the 31st of December annually. In joining, individuals are agreeing to abide by the rules, regulations & policies of our organisation which can be seen here: Technical Rules